5 Tips for Photography Beginners

Hello everybody!
As the description of my blog actually includes the word "Photography" I think it's appropriate to chat to you about photography once again. I have never really given any tips on anything useful on here (probably because of the fact that I don't know most things myself), but I think it's worth a try.

So I don't say I'm a good photographer, but I love it and I do my best to get better every time I pick up my camera. I don't know much about lenses and editing pictures, but I feel confident I can give you some basic tips if you are completely new into photography. You don't need a good camera to follow this advice, average is enough. A lot of people always think you need an expensive and really good quality equipment to take good pictures, but the camera is just a teeny dot in the whole world of photography. A good musician can also play on a bad instrument without it sounding bad, a good instrument is just another factor which can make it sound more beautiful. But I still recommend starting on an average camera because the better the camera, the more things you can do wrong.

But now, let's start the tips...



1. Daylight
The first tip is quite easy to do because all you need is daylight. When it's dark outside, no lighting on the world will get the same lighting as when you just shoot in the daylight. Of course, if you want to take pictures of the night, you should do that at night, but if you want something to be in a good lightning and you don't have professional equipment including lights and all that stuff, just use the daylight. If you don't do that, your pictures will most likely end up looking "orangy" and the colors will change. Since I have just had the idea to this post and it's 8:21PM it is already dark outside and I mean... You can see how the pictures came out. The first one isn't as bad but the second one would have been a lot better if I had taken my own advice and waited until tomorrow to take the picture. But since I am not a patient person at all, I just shot the pictures even though there is no daylight to be seen around here at the moment.

2. if you're not sure - YES
Whenever you're not sure whether the picture is going to turn out the way you want it to or whenever you're, for whatever reason, not sure if you should take this particular picture, do it! Rather one picture too much than a missed opportunity. If you just take loads of pictures, one of them will be good for sure.

3. be shameless
I'm having problems to take my own advice again... I have this problem a lot when I go - for example - to town to shoot something. When everyone can see me taking my pictures and I might even meet someone that I know, I often get shy and just pack my camera away for a while. BUT DON'T EVER DO THAT! It can feel quite strange to just go out and take pictures but if you don't do it, you'll miss opportunities that you won't get back. Also take your camera with you whenever you can. I don't know how many times I've already seen something that I wanted to take a picture of and I didn't have my camera with me. (If you have a phone which takes good pictures, you're lucky! But since my phone looks more like an iStone than an iPhone and it has about 5 pixels on it's screen, I can't just walk around and take pictures with my phone.)

4. get inspired
Go and look at other artists pictures. Visit blogs. Watch Videos. Do other things that inspire you. But by getting inspired, I don't mean coming other artists. Just get inspiration. If you don't know how, find out how. I can't tell you how because I reckon it's different from person to person.

5. love what you do
I don't think there's much more to say. If you don't love what you do, it won't work.

Okay guys! These were my five tips on how to take better pictures with an average camera. I hope I could help you in any way and I will see you soon with some new favorites after not doing that for a whole while!

Have a nice daaaaaaaay!




Popular Posts