61 hours in Rome

Sooooooo... As you can see in the title, I have spent 61 full hours of my spring break in the capital city of Italy, the city with the pope's home in it, the city called Rome. I have to be honest with you and tell you that I actually wasn't really much looking forward to going there because short city trips are always very very very exhausting because you certainly want to see as much as possible in the short time. But I admit, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and if you see it from a photographer's view, it was a real highlight.

And as I was strolling throng the beautiful streets of Rome I noticed that there are a sh*tload of surprisingly beautiful bicycles just standing around in the streets. Sadly, I didn't see a single person actually riding one in the busy main streets of Rome. But, even though loads of the bicycles looked as though they hadn't been used in a while, they had some kind of charm on them that just made me take a picture of the every time. So when I got home last Sunday and went trough the pictures on my camera... well, I think if I would show you every single picture I took, even if I only showed you the ones that actually have a bicycle on them, this post would grow 2 miles long.

So I picked some of the best bicycle-pictures, just because I want to show you that even sports equipment can be very beautiful (Lol, I never thought I would ever say that because I absolutely hate riding bikes). And I also picked some of the best other pictures that I took whilst doing some sightseeing and being an average rucksack tourist which only sees the world through the lens of their camera and only can say one single word in the national language.

Allora, voglio cominciare!












Musei Vaticani (Vatican Museum)






Streets of Rome











Colosseum





Little Tip: If you are ever in Rome and you wanna go to the Colosseum, go early! We went right when it opened up and were one of the first ones to go in and it was beautiful but after a while, there were this many people ↑ And it only gets worse throughout the day :)


Soooooo... I hope you liked the pictures and if you haven't ever been to Rome, I tell you it is exhausting, but definitely worth it!

C U soon :)



Popular Posts