Book Recommendations

Warning: If you're not into reading books, this post could possibly be the most boring thing you have ever read in your entire life...

Hello! Long time, no see! Well, I don't know about you but I am definitely a huge book-lover and have always loved reading. Over the years of growing up I have gone from reading 20-paged books about ponies and horses with font size 150 to reading every single book of Enid Blyton's series "The Famous Five" (very recommended if you're 12 or younger!) to reading all the Harry Potter books so many times that I have given up on counting...

By growing up, I have also gotten busier and busier, spending more and more time doing stuff for school or watching series or YouTube videos which left me less and less time for reading. And now, at 15 years, I have decided that I really need to cut down the time I spend on the internet and I really need to go back to reading. It might seem to you that I read a lot because I always write about the books I read on here but at this point I have to remind you that I try to only write positive things on here and not talk about how many hours a day I spend watching Navy CIS or Grey's Anatomy (ways too many). Anyways, my plan to read a bit more has at least approximately succeeded and I am still continuing to make a process.

When it comes to reading, I don't really have any topics that I like more than others, I read fantasy, science fiction, futuristic stuff and also just realistic teenager books and I barely ever find anything bad to say about a book. The only kind of books that I don't ever really read are crime novels - not because I don't like them, but because I don't ever really think about reading one and I'm just not really into it but I'm pretty sure if I took the time to dig a little bit deeper I for sure would find loads of crime stories that I'd love.

Enough rambling, let's get to the interesting part:

If you'd ask me in person, I would probably be able to talk about books for literally an eternity and more but I don't think it's possible to write or read something without an end so I'm just going to list a few of the best books I read recently and really loved (and maybe a few ones I read in the past that are still worth mentioning).


1. Harry Potter by Joanne K. Rowling
I don't think I have to say much about that, if you want to know more about my feelings and my attitude towards Harry Potter, you can read this post I wrote a while ago...

2. Paper Towns by John Green
I know this probably seems very mainstream and all that stuff and, I agree, this really was a very popular book but these books are so popular for a reason. I don't know why, but people seem to really like stories where it can be hard to relate to the characters but at the same time they are so relatable. That's exactly what fascinated me about Paper Towns; Parts of it are so unrealistic and I'm sure won't ever happen to me but other parts are so relatable and - let me tell you - this book managed to make me smile more than once.

3. The Inheritance Cycle (Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr & Inheritance) by Christopher Paolini
I read all four of these book about two years ago and I still can't forget about them. Something about the books really got me but I might want to warn you; If you're about my age this might be a little bit childish for you but I also have to admit that I can't really judge because I read this in German and for some reason I just immediately think a book is childish when it's in German because I've kind of involuntary stopped reading German books (or at least translated books). Anyways, if you like the supernatural and a bit of fighting every now and then, these books are absolutely recommendable!

5. The Maze Runner Series (Maze Runner, Scorch Trials, Death Cure) by James Dashner
I've just recently finished "Death Cure" and let me tell you, these books are nothing for weak nerves. At some point I was only able to read about one chapter a day because it's not a necessarily light read...


Sorrysorrysorry, I had to. But back to the maze runner, because it's not light at all. If you don't like psychological pressured characters, betrayal, confusion and human eating cranks, I guess you're better off not reading these books. Or maybe only the first one. But the problem is, you won't be able to just read the first book because once you've started, I promise you, you won't leave your room to do anything except for eating and going to the toilet and if you're planning on sleeping whilst reading these books, I can already tell you now that it won't happen.

6. Dreamer Ballerina by Sarah Rubin
For some really light reading and also for a rather young audience (around 12) I have to recommend a book that I didn't read recently but that I have read a couple of hundred times when I was a few years younger. It's called "Dreamer Ballerina" and because I used to be that kid that thinks they don't need ballett lessons to become a dancer this book was perfect for me. And, to this day, I sometimes just read a paragraph of it after a heavy scene in another book like for example "the maze runner" just to neutralize my feelings (doesn't mean it's a book without any negativity in it, though! There are definitely scenes that managed to make me cry)

7. Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern
I have read this book about a year ago and in german but I don't think that makes that much of a difference. Most of you probably already know the title "Love, Rosie" from the movie (Sam Claflin, Lilly Collins etc.) named after the book and at this part I'm going to have to tell you that I find the movie a bit better than the book (maybe just because of Sam Claflin). The book is basically an even more complicated version of the film - or to put it differently: the film is a bit less complicated than the book. The thing that really got me into the book is that the story between the main character Rosie and her friend Alex is very never-ending and they just miss each others again and again. So for those of you who haven't seen the film yet I highly recommend to read the book before watching the movie - just because the movie is still going to be just as enjoyable; if not more.

8. More Harry Potter: The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling
Basically just an amazing piece of art written by no other than the always so amazing J.K.Rowling - and a must-read for everyone who has come as far as reading "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" (personally, my favourite tale is Babbity Rabbity and her cackling stump)



Soooooo... these were some of my book recommendations! I hope it inspires you to read a bit more often if you don't already. 

See you soon! 




Popular Posts