Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - Film Review

i mean... there was no way I wasn't going to talk about this on here because if you know me even a tiny little bit, you'll know that I'm currently majorly fangirling over Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. I have written about my love to Harry Potter and the world he lives in numerous times and he was not only a part of my childhood, it's a part of me. And the fact that J. K. freaking Rowling wrote a moviescript and made a movie out of it just absolutely blows my mind - the hilariously satisfying fact that the whole scenery is taking place in the Harry Potter universe may be worth mentioning, too. 


I know, I know, I know. So mainstream, right? But I can't help it. There's a reason why loving HP has become so flippin mainstream - everybody loves it. Of course there are exceptions, there are always exceptions (especially in the gazillion rules of French grammar), but over all, I have only rarely met people that have read at least three books of Harry Potter and didn't enjoy it. As I said, there are always exceptions, though.

The potterhead I am I certainly went to see the new movie as soon as I possibly could (I have been desperately awaiting the day of it's release for months) in my (not so) busy scedule and finally found myself in a cinema on friday november 18th, just one day after it was officially released in Switzerland.


It was brilliant. Terrifying. Creative. Inspirational. Over all, magical. The so-called "beasts" were beautiful, all the actors are well cast and fit so wonderfully well into the roles that I could write another full post on it and the feeling of finally, after the release of the last Harry Potter movie in 2011 (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2), being back in Harry's world with something where I actually didn't know what was going to happen in the next scene was just amazing.

I know some of you may think I only found the movie good because I was prejudiced, because I had expected nothing but greatness from people like J.K.Rowling and David Yates after the result of their last works - just like the rest of the world did. But no. I went into the film with as little prejudgement as possible, expecting anything, certainly in utter fear of the movie being bad but still as judgementless as I possibly could. For someone as convinced of the idea of Harry's wizarding world I definitley wasn't 100% neutral but I gave it my best shot.

As I sat there in my seat, exited like a little child, all my hopes were fulfilled and I passed 133 brilliantly perfect minutes watching one of the best movies I have seen in my life (next to all the other Harry Potter films and a few others, haha). Of course there were little bits I didn't like, of course there were things I would've done differently, but over all, it was a great great great movie. The one thing that annoyed me the most, may I also say pretty much the only thing that bothered me at all, was that it was - like most movies nowadays - very much happening. So much action. A tiny bit too much action if you ask me. But still absolutely brilliant. 

Okay, enough fangirling, I'm just going to say that I highly advise you to go watch this movie as soon as you possibly can because if you don't, you miss something.


Go watch it.

See you soon, 





Popular Posts