I Did It Again Again.

Hello there everybody! I hope you're enjoying my version of 'blogmas' so far! Because of the fact that I got a bit bored and simply
didn't want to wait any longer to write this post, I just decided to write it right now.


For those of you who have been around for quite a while now it's probably pretty clear what this is about because of my previous posts called 'I Did It.' and 'I Did It Again.' which I have posted throughout the past one and a half years. For those of you who haven't been around this long (probably almost everyone haha), I'll tell you now what this is about. I may as well just warn everybody that if you don't like reading books, this is not the right post to be reading at the moment. 

So: As you may or may not have guessed, the time for the review of British Blogger and Youtuber Zoella's third novel has come! For a bit of background knowledge: ZoĆ« Sugg has released three novels (Girl Online; Girl Online: On Tour; Girl Online: Going Solo) over the past about two years, evolving around a girl called Penny that struggles with anxiety and has a blog on which she writes about her life. This is pretty much all I'm going to tell you now, if you want to know more there are a few more spoilers in my previously linked posts about the first two novels or the best thing to do (if you haven't already) is to just read them yourself. 


In order to be 100% honest and true on this, I need, as always, to start at the beginning. I am not a person that likes romantic books. I don't like cheesy things and I often get sick when I read feeling confessions - all in all, all three of these books are technically not the type of books I usually read. Normally, I'm all for Harry Potter and other fictional things where loads of characters die (which sounds ridiculously barbaric written down), I like magic and surrealistic stories but every once in a while I like to make a little journey into a different area of literature (also: I have not always been like this, I used to read lots of stories like Girl Online when I was younger). Because of the fact that I have already read and loved the first two novels there was absolutely no question on whether or not to buy the third one - if there's one thing I despise more than Bellatrix Lestrange, it's unfinished book series (Yes I freaked out when I discovered that I didn't won all seven Harry Potter books in English). 


Anyways, as soon as I found the time to order and read Girl Online: Going Solo I did so and let me just tell you: No disappointment. For those of you who have read the first two books and gotten to know (and love) the character Noah and are now scared to read this last one because of the title, I'm just going to spoil you and tell you that you can calm down and read the book. It's worth it.

For the past one or two years I have not been able to read a lot of books because school has become busier and busier (and the internet has become more interesting and more interesting haha) and my reading has mainly consisted of reading Harry Potter again and again, a few new books every once in a while. The reason I'm telling this is because whenever I read a book that's not Harry Potter I need an awful lot of time to finish the books because I never get to read more than a few pages or a chapter (so many books, so little time...). But along with only a handful of other books like e.g. All the Bright Places (Jennifer Niven), all three of the Girl Online books have just grabbed my attention and I finished all of them in less than a week. For Girl Online: Going Solo I needed three days to read. I don't know about you but I personally think that means it's a pretty goddamn good book. I really don't know what it is about the novel, if it's just the absolutely dazzling description of the main male character Noah (who is - along Fred Weasley - one of my many book-character-crushes) or if it's all the drama in Penny's life - I don't know. I just know I really enjoyed reading this book and I can't do more but recommend you reading all three of them, too, if you haven't already.



The last thing I just quickly want to talk about is that I really like how there's so much advice and peace in these books - especially in this last one. Through mistakes Penny and her friends make you can learn so much and I can't even tell you how many times I saw myself in various characters of the book and thought to myself 'damn it, that's exactly what I do all the time!'. 

Enough adoring, I feel like I have triggered your judgement enough now and I'm sure if there was any way of convincing you into reading this book, I'll have managed by now.

Have you read the books?
If yes, what did you think of them?
Do you have any ideas what I could read next?

See you soon :)






Popular Posts