Bad People? | Teeny Tiny Thoughts - Sunday

Hi and welcome to a new post! It's been quite a while again - I know I'm the worst in keeping up my resolutions (mine were to blog more this year...). Anyways, instead of telling you repeatedly how sorry I am for not posting, I'll just get right into it instead.


To dive straight into it: I generally don't believe in the existence of bad people. 

Now let me explain this. What I mean by this statement is that I genuinely think nobody is born evil. Nobody is born a 'bad person'. I also don't believe anybody can be raised to be a through and through 'bad person'. As naive this might seem, I believe in the good in any person. 
I've thought about kindness a lot recently, about being kind to everybody and about accepting people the way they are - and with this I came along the subject of people that aren't kind. Bad People. To me there is no such thing as bad people, there are only people too proud to be kind because kindness takes courage. 
Sure there are people doing more harm than good. Sure there are horrible things happening all over the world all the time. I'm still convinced that somewhere deep down in any sane human being, there's such a thing as a conscience, a feeling for love or whatever you want to define a good person by. 

We have all hurt somebody somewhere along the way - consciously or without any bad intention behind it at all - you have to look a damn long time to find somebody that has never caused any harm. Does this make us bad people? Does it make me a bad person when I have done one or another thing that might not be something to be fond of? Am I a bad person because I have said things without thinking long enough about what I was saying? I don't think so. We all have our good and not-so-good moments and what I think matters is that we learn from our bad moments and try not to cause harm again. 

But what about the people that chose to hurt others over and over again? Are these 'bad people'? In my opinion: No. There sure are people that are doing a heckload of bad things, causing a heckload of negativity but are they genuinely bad people? To be quite honest, I'm struggling quite a bit over here, trying to explain why I don't think that there is such a thing as a bad person out there, but it's just what I believe. I'm very well aware of how naive this statement is, how childish this may seem and what a ridiculously optimistic view on humanity this is. Maybe it's just me trying to clinge to the thought of the rainbow-world I used to see back when I was little. Maybe it's me being too nice (doesn't happen too often, haha) I just don't think anybody is worth to be given up on. I don't think any sane human being is worth being labeled a 'bad person' and be stuck with that reputation forever because there is good hidden somewhere in everybody. We've all had our fair share of things we did that we regret now and even when there might be people out there that don't regret these things - that doesn't make them a 'bad person', it makes them people that are either too proud to see that they've made a mistake or people that are simply not kind. 

I sound like Dumbledore right now.

Anyways, I hope get my point. People change, people deserve second chances. And if they mess up their second chance with you, they still deserve a chance from somebody else.

As I said before, this might be the most naive statement you have seen in your life, this might be a view of humanity that is too kind and too forgiving and I might read this post in a few years, maybe even months, and think this is the stupidest thing ever - I don't know. Still I think these are thoughts worth sharing with the world :) 

What do you think about this? Am I being too optimistic? 

I hope to see you soon (I'll give it my best shot! I promise I'll try to post more!) and I also hope you're having a marvelously dazzlingly superduperhuperly great day :)

xx




Popular Posts