Confronting People | Teeny Tiny Thoughts - Monday

Hello and welcome (back) to my blog! I'm already back! As I have a little week off at the moment (which means I'm liberated from all the to dos from school) I find myself surprisingly bored again and again - which makes blogging very easy. So, as unusual it is for me, I'm posting again!


This post goes into quite a similar category like my most recent post about so-called 'bad people' which I wrote just yesterday which might be a bit boring for some of you - I'm posting it anyways! Just like the topic I talked about yesterday this is something I've been thinking about for quite a while now and the idea to write a blog post about it has been stuck in the notes of my phones for absolute aaaaages.What is said topic, you may wonder? Well, it's a bit difficult to explain. The best way to put it is probably to just say 'confrontation'.

As an lover of peace and somebody that would probably do everything in order to avoid confrontation (which is not always the best, I speak from experience!) this is something that is in my head often and I often find myself thinking "Was it really necessary to address this? Did it really annoy you so much you couldn't live without saying something about it?".

It's always important to speak up when you're not okay with something and I'm in no way saying it's a good idea to keep silent when something should be said. Still I think speaking up is not at all the best solution in every kind of situation. This has probably got more than a little bit to do with the fact that I'm not the most extroverted person and that I can problemlessly see over things that annoy me - if it's not too annoying ehehe.

Basically what I'm trying to get across here is that I believe it's important to know the balance. What I find to be quite a good technique when it comes to deciding whether or not to speak up is to always ask yourself the following question before speaking up: Is that thing that annoys you really worth destroying a good atmosphere? Or can you try and look over it and live by it?

The one thing that probably is most important in this whole situation is to think that everybody has their own way of dealing with things - me for example find myself stuck for hours and days with a single thing somebody said in a rush, negative or positive, thinking about it over and over again and battling over whether or not they were right with whatever they said. Whilst some people might be able to brush away a sentence like 'Jesus, you don't have a clue about this!' easily, others (like me) spend hours and hours thinking about it and feeling bad about themselves. The same goes for any kind of 'stop doing that, it's annoying'.


*     *     *     *     *


Conclusion:

Think about what you say.


*     *     *     *     *



Well, all that's left to say is thank you for putting up with my thoughts for the second time this week and I hope you somehow got my point! Thanks for visiting me and my blog and I'll see you soon with another post which I don't know what it'll be about yet, haha...

xx Solange


Popular Posts