Liebster Award 2017



Now that's a different kind of post for once! I was nominated for the 'Liebster Award' by the ever so lovely Kate from luxekate.blogspot.com and therefore a huge thank you goes to her for nominating me (I was kinda shook when I saw it on her blog, hahaha). 

The Liebster Award: 'Liebster' is a German word and I actually find it kind of hard to translate it word to word (I'm Swiss and therefore talk German) but it means as much as 'Dearest' or 'Most Preferred (...?)'. It was founded in 2011 by theglobalaussie.com in order to make it possible for blogs to get exposure and for readers to get to know new blogs.  

Rules:
  • Thank the blogger who nominated you
  • Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you
  • Nominate 5-11 blogs
  • Give them 11 questions to answer
1. What's one rule you live by?


It's a rule that, like most of them, is not always easy to live by and there are probably several people out there that would say that the following is a rule I don't seem to be living after - because of the fact that I'm a human being and I struggle with things like everybody else does, including controlling my feelings at all times. But my general moto in life is the phrase "Kindness takes courage." which to me, explains the rudeness of so many and makes me want to be kinder to the people around me. 


2. What's your all time favourite outfit?


Well, if you know me, you know I'm not greatly into fashion and such and I'd love to answer this question by saying that my favourite outfit is a comfy sweater and a pair of sweatpants, accompanied by nice and warm woll socks - BUT! That's not how I walk around when I'm out in public so I'll probably have to say just a nice pair of black skinny jeans and some sort of stripy shirt on the top. V creative, I know.


3. If you have any free time, what do you do?


Obviously, I blog. I also spend a shitload of time outside (and sometimes inside) taking pictures of everything I see - and let's not forget about my weekly cello lessons that require practise (that sadly often drowns a bit in my other habits). If I have a minute to spare I also love reading or, of course, getting out into the world with friends or family.


4. Favourite music to listen to and why? 


To be absolutely honest and blunt right here: I have no clue. I love all kinds of music. Pop. Classical. Rock. The only genre of music I genuinely have trouble enjoying is heavy metal and such. (To be absolutely honest and blunt once again I guess it's fair to say that I just really really like Justin Bieber's music.)


5. What's one thing that can always cheer you up?


Well well well - this question leads me right back into the subject of music. Music is such an emotional thing and cheer-y music always cheers me up - no matter how bad the song may be. Honestly, there's no way to be sad whilst listening to Bieber's "Baby" (Some songs are so bad they're good again...)


6. Favourite thing to do with your blog?


Oh I love everything about it. From taking the pictures to chatting to fellow bloggers in the community - there's really nothing I don't like doing. Except maybe sometimes I don't really enjoy promoting my posts as I always feel so pushy and self-absorbed - but that's when I always just remind myself that I'm allowed to promote and be proud of the things I put a lot of effort into.


7. What are three things on your bucket list?

  • See the northern lights
  • Take in the amazingness of the northern lights (and maybe shed a tear or two)
  • Take unbelievably good pictures of the northern lights

8. Favourite TV/Netflix series?

Oh dear heavens to the hallelujah, now that you've gotten me started on this there's really no way back:
So there's this Norwegian Drama Series called "SKAM" (no. "shame") and it's really just the best. I'm not saying any more about this than that it changed not only my way of viewing and treating others, but also my life. It's geoblocked on the official website but there are many ways to watch it with subtitles as it has blown up quite a bit lately (My DMs are always open for anybody struggling to find a link).

I also really love Grey's Anatomy, great stuff that is. 

I know that's not three but to me, SKAM counts as more than one.


9. Three things you can't live without?

  • Family & Friends
  • Cameras
  • Music in all forms and styles

10. How long do you want to keep blogging for?


As long as I can. As long as I keep enjoying it and as long as I feel like it's a good thing for me to do.


11. What is one of your main goals in life?

To get the hell out of my county. Don't get me wrong, I love Switzerland as it is and I know I am extremely privileged to be able to live in a country like Switzerland but it just gets so boring. I want to see the world, get out there, see all sorts of things, good and bad.


As for my nominees, I nominate the following (sorry to anybody who might have already done it):
Every single one of these 11 blogs are blogs I frequently read and love lots and you should check them out for sure!!

My 11 Questions:

  1. What was your motivation or inspiration to start blogging?
  2. How did you chose your niche in the blogging world (e.g. beauty and fashion or lifestyle etc.)?
  3. What kind of advice would you give to your younger self?
  4. Which is your favourite season of the year and why?
  5. If you could change on thing on earth, what would you change?
  6. What's your favourite quote?
  7. One blog everybody needs to read?
  8. What's your biggest pet peeve?
  9. What are three things that make the world better for you?
  10. Are you more of a "human being" or a "human doing"?
  11. What do you like most about yourself?
thanks again to kate for the nomination. i hope you all enjoyed! stay tuned for more :)
find me on
don't forget to take a look into my gallery
  

Popular Posts